The internet is already a powerful tools for millions of business each in their own categories. However, there also millions of business competing against each other to be the number one business online and therefore have the number one spot in google search and all the search directories. If your business is not on the internet yet we will help you get started.
Here’s how to get started:
1). Get your own website.
- If you have some skills on website design or at least know how to use a computer, this will not be so difficult.
- You can also find many websites that give you all the tools that you need to build a simple but elegant website.
- If the same website gives you an option to get a domain name too, I recommend you search other websites that are designed specific for domain names( i.e. godaddy.com).
- Look around your competition see how their webpage looks, from there you can based your website from things that are missing but you think are important to have in your webpage. Make sure your contact information is on every page of the website clearly and in bold.
2). Get on social media.
- Social media is a really power tool for most of the business that are online. Facebook is great for increasing your consumer audience. Make a Facebook fan page for your business. The more people that like your business and also following you, the more consumers will know about your latest news on your business. Facebook is a great way to also get consumer feedback and to know consumer trends by looking at the post that your followers make on your wall. The more you know about your followers the better you approach them about your business and sell your service or product.
- Twitter is also great. It works similar to Facebook but it is more towards a business interaction with customers. Twitter is a platform where a business can share their thoughts about other news that is happening around the world. This platform is where the customer gets to know your business.
- Google plus works a different way but is also mainly for directories purposes. It is not as popular as other social media platforms but it is important in order for a customer to find out about your business by reviews and how well rated is your business.
- YouTube is a really big tool for the business that has content that can be made into a video and has the potential to become popular. If your business has content that can be made into a video then I suggest you give YouTube a try.
3). Marketing and Promotion
- Ads are a great way to get your business the audience that it deserves. However advertising on the internet can be tricky and expensive if you don’t know what you are doing. There a lot of websites that offer you advertising packages but only a few are great. You have to know your audience and where they mostly search. Google AdWords and Facebook ads are great because they have large amount of users that can all be your next customer.
- Google ads is the oldest in the business of online advertisement. Facebook started their online advertisement packages a few years ago but just recently it has become really big among app developers and local business. If your option is Google AdWords then you have to make sure you have the right content on your website. Make sure that the keywords that you use can also be found on your website. Have a good description and title that will attract customers when seeing their search results.
- Facebook on the other hand is a good tool to build your audience of customers and become a popular business in the industry that you are in. Facebook will get you the customers’ attention, but it will not guaranteed a sale per every like or follower. Make sure you know how to interact with your customers and always keep them updated about your business.
Well there you have it, three simple steps to help you get started on the online business world. Remember to choose wisely on the service packages that you purchase. Save money by eliminating the services that you don’t need for your business. Know your audience and treat them well buy letting them know about your business and your self. If you are in social media don’t abandon your followers, always try to post something, make them engage your business about what they prefer or what they want to see on the next product. Now that you have a good path to start on, get online and watch your business grow.